Mayor Borders was born and raised in Central Florida. She has been a St. Cloud resident since 1970 and is a St. Cloud High School graduate.
Mayor Borders was elected as St. Cloud’s mayor November 2, 2010, and re-elected November 6, 2012. Next Mayor (Seat 1) Elections: November 2016
In addition to being the mayor, she currently holds the following committee responsibilities:
- Education Foundation of Osceola County
- Osceola Region Resort Area Council (ORAC) (shared)
- MetroPlan Orlando Municipal Advisory Committee
- St. Cloud / OUC Joint Contract Advisory Committee
- Tri-County League of Cities
- UCF Incubator Charter / Program Advisory Board
Her full-time employment is as Plant Security Supervisor with Kaman Corporation. She has one adult son, Jason.